How to Consign at Duck Worth Wearing
Consignment at Duck Worth Wearing is easy!
Click HERE for our most current consignor agreement.
We just ask that you follow these guidelines:
- No Appointment is necessary. Consignment will be accepted Monday thru Saturday.
- Please bring your items in an 18 gallon or smaller plastic containers or a reusable shopping bag.
- Only 50 clothing items will be looked at per day.
- Consignment will be accepted during normal business hours Monday thru Saturday.
Consignment will not be accepted on Sunday.
- Consignors may only bring in 50 clothing items per day.
- Any items we are unable to accept will be returned to you.
- Please look over your items thoroughly. All items must be in ready to wear condition.
- Only items of the highest quality will be accepted.
- All clothing and shoes will be accepted seasonally . Please refer to our "Consignment Schedule"
- We accept infant, children, and maternity sizes
Infant and children’s clothing sizes newborn to 16
Infant and youth size shoes
Maternity size XS to 3XL
For various reasons we are unable to accept:
- Car Seats
- VHS Videos
- Bike Helmets
- Bottles/Feeding Accessories (Including breast feeding accessories)
- Stuffed Animals
- Child Proof Safety Items (Unless new in package)
- Non-Name Brand Toys
- Books dated 1985 or earlier
- Toys containing unacceptable levels of lead
- Items with garage sale stickers will not be accepted.
- Toys and equipment need to have all the pieces and working batteries before being accepted.
- Accepted items will be priced by Duck Worth Wearing. Consignors will receive 40% of items priced under $30 and 50% of items priced over $30.
- Items will not be returned to consignors at any time unless priced over $50. Items priced over $50 that have not been picked up within two weeks of their consignment expiration date will become property of Duck Worth Wearing.
- Items under $50 that do not sell within the 90 day consignment period become property of Duck Worth Wearing. These items will then be donated to charities of Duck Worth Wearing’s choosing.
- Consignor credit will accumulate automatically as items sell. Consignor balances under $25 can be taken in cash, over $25 can be taken as a check at Duck Worth Wearing, and/or used as store credit at both Duck Worth Wearing locations or The Loft anytime during normal business hours.
- Records of donated items are not kept and tax receipts are not provided for donated items.
- Onesies will be bought out at $0.10 each and put on the consignor’s store credit automatically. These items will not appear as line-items on your account.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions:
or call us 515-233-4901 (Ames) or 515-964-7396 (Ankeny).